Ghost Shrimp breeding

Warrensmentor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Virginia
you need somewhere for the ghost shrimp young to be able to go where the adults can't. ghost shrimp are cannibalistic and eat their young if they can get to them, that is why most times you won't see young in a tank. if you put a raised screen across the bottom of the tank, so that the young can fall through and be safe from the adults, they will last longer.
That's hilarious, go through all this trouble and you don't say they'll live, just last longer,haha. +1 for red cherries!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Warrensmentor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Virginia
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to back out of my attempt at the breeder tank for now. I just scored a fish deal on craigslist and now my bigger tank is overstocked. I'm going to have to move a few fish to the empty 10g. Dang. I will do it someday!

bkbennett

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Oklahoma
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to back out of my attempt at the breeder tank for now. I just scored a fish deal on craigslist and now my bigger tank is overstocked. I'm going to have to move a few fish to the empty 10g. Dang. I will do it someday!

No worries. Start a new thread when u get the time to get it going. As soon as I find a decent amount of cherrys for a good price I might give those buggers a shot since they seem to be much easier. Any nutritional value to those guys? I would assume they are about the same as Ghosties cause they eat pretty much the same things!

hereticlosmorte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Ontario, Canada
No worries. Start a new thread when u get the time to get it going. As soon as I find a decent amount of cherrys for a good price I might give those buggers a shot since they seem to be much easier. Any nutritional value to those guys? I would assume they are about the same as Ghosties cause they eat pretty much the same things!
same as ghost shrimp in terms of nutritional value. you can add more nutrients by gutloading them though.

Warrensmentor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Virginia
I've got the red cherry shrimp tank rolling!

Warrensmentor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Virginia
Its titled noob red cherry shrimp breeding project. Sorry I can't give the link...not sure how to from phone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store