Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2013
Australia
TyS, female

Nim, male

Den, female
Thanks , why do you think female?
I leaning towards male due to the lump developing on the head , and that it has had good red ever since it was 2 inches long ..not fussed just interested to know

Sent from my SM-G900I using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
If you compare it to the male - you will see the difference.

If you look for my Starbuck, you will see she has a "small" nuchal hump, like yours, but nothing like a male's.

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
I leaning towards male due to the lump developing on the head , and that it has had good red ever since it was 2 inches long ..not fussed just interested to know

If you look at the fins on mine they do appear alot longer than yours as well. i have been trying to get another pic for the last ten mins or so. he is not cooperating...

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
What you see floating around him are the remains of a strawberry i had to give him so he wouldnt face me.

gouramistawberrymess.jpg

gouramistawberrymess.jpg

Reactions: Griller

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk

If you check out the picture below and look at the anal fin, it's much more pointed and joins up with the tail. Granted the dorsal should be more extended but it is off to one side which makes it look shorter than it is. The females have a much more curved anal fin hence why I went with female. I am no expert so please don't take my views as a 100% guarantee, I've just made an informed guess based on traits and experience in keeping them.

What you see floating around him are the remains of a strawberry i had to give him so he wouldnt face me.

View attachment 1059723

TyS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2013
Australia
If you check out the picture below and look at the anal fin, it's much more pointed and joins up with the tail. Granted the dorsal should be more extended but it is off to one side which makes it look shorter than it is. The females have a much more curved anal fin hence why I went with female. I am no expert so please don't take my views as a 100% guarantee, I've just made an informed guess based on traits and experience in keeping them. [/QUOTE

Thanks! :)

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
hello other gourami keepers. who keeps cichlids with their gouramis? what types? I had a green terror with mine early on and it worked out ok. I have two little cichlids in a separate tank i will be adding soon. i think.

EMI93M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
australia
Hey Guys just picked this young Red Tail he or she is about 20cm I am pretty confident its a Boy. He is in with my 13 inch Pink giant BRUCE ( Female with Boys Name lol ). They are currently divided till the new guy puts on some size and gets comfortable. Has anyone had any luck keeping Pinks and Red tails together without to much Drama. My tank is 6 x 2 x 2 and has nothing but these fish in it. Any thoughts or Gender feedback would be helpful.

Regards Mick
photo 1.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

Reactions: Griller
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store