GIANT gouramis

mun1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Singapore
A very under-rated fish. I have a RTGG that I kept with a pig-nosed turtle for 3 years. Had to downsize and sold the turtle and threw the gourami into a huge koi pond (1.5m deep) 2 years ago. Will have access to the pond end of this year and am EAGER to see how it is. I was a tame fish that can be hand-fed and was 25cm long when I put it in the pond. Been told by my tenants that its still around and its 'huge'. Will try to get photos!

Whistler225

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2013
Dunbarton NH
If you read my profile you will see I am aware he needs a larger tank. The only sad thing about my boy is what he lived through before I got him. These pics were taken during his most recent water change (today) (I've had him for ten years. He would not be alive if I didn't change his water occasionally). But thanks for the advice.

Whistler225

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2013
Dunbarton NH
We don't all have limitless money to pour into this hobby.... I didn't buy Popeye; I rescued him from his prior owner who had him in a 55 gallon POS and had given up taking care of him. I've given him the best life I could afford and will continue to do so. I keep up with his water changes and feed him a varied diet so he doesn't get bored. Sorry for reacting so strongly but I am offended by the insinuation that I don't take care of him.... he's been with me for 10 years and a very long move from NC to NH, and I have devoted my life to giving him the best I could.

Naos1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2012
Pasig, Philippines
Gigi has been eating well now. Increased the temp to 29C hoping it will help with the diet problem. She's back to eating lettuce a lot now with shrimps. Also, made a few changes to the tank today by rearranging pump location and cleaning the filter wool.

piggy67

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2007
Michigan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store