Gilded cat update

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
Hey Bob, describe care, what he eats, how much, how often, behavior, interaction with tank mates, etc. if you will, please.
App crashed:(

It took sardinella tawilis or our local herring only twice and cut shrimp once or twice as well. More often than not, it wouldn't touch the food.

During the day, it would swim in its corner. However, i've noticed more growth when i put in another power head. (Total of 3) so im assuming it likes current. However, the down side of the powerheads was his tail being caught on it. But the long streamer grows back in just a week or two. I diy-ed red LED lights to simulate a dark room so i could observe it at night and found that its rather peaceful and swims around the bottom, top and middle area of the tank (possibly hunting?) it wouldn't attack other fish as long as its not small enough to be eaten.

It is rather skittish but not as skittish as payaras/atf. I blacked out the sides of the tank to minimize the skittishness and it worked:) its very sensitive to vibrations and would notice heavy footsteps going towards the tank. It has a tendency of darting across the tank and i believe here is the often case where they damage their snouts::(

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Cool report. That's tells a master hobbyist apart :) Many thanks.

We know so little of them which makes your info quite precious.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store