Giraffe cat "Volta"

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Here is my little guy. Very shy hiding under a piece of mopani. He is not really this dark on the light sand, must just be the camera. When he goes in the 210g he will be on dark brown gravel so Im sure he will darken.
giraffe.jpg

giraffe.jpg

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Very good looking, and good luck :D
24' in a 240g, sounds a little crazy but, i dont know how active they are :D!
Keep us updated :D

Oxydoras

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
West Coast

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
DMD123, how big have your Voltas got? Mine hit about a foot and stopped growing.
I ended up selling mine and I never found out how he turned out since it was a Craigslist sale. He was at 8" so I moved him to my 210g and he would totally 'redecorate' by tunneling and burrowing in the sand and move all the tank decor to one side and then hide in the glob that he created. He was just too much to have in a tank that was in my living room that everyone sees. He was with cichlids but none ever messed with him but he hid a lot in that tank. He was a pretty shy cat still when I rehomed him. These guys are still one of my favorites. I know not the same but I might consider getting a dwarf giraffe cat...

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I ended up selling mine and I never found out how he turned out since it was a Craigslist sale. He was at 8" so I moved him to my 210g and he would totally 'redecorate' by tunneling and burrowing in the sand and move all the tank decor to one side and then hide in the glob that he created. He was just too much to have in a tank that was in my living room that everyone sees. He was with cichlids but none ever messed with him but he hid a lot in that tank. He was a pretty shy cat still when I rehomed him. These guys are still one of my favorites. I know not the same but I might consider getting a dwarf giraffe cat...
Sorry to hear that.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I still have my mini monster cat.... a hopplo who will eat bloodworm out of hand occasionally. LOL, not the same! But this guy is super active and does not re-arrange my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store