Girlfriend sent me this...Pretty Funny

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
Hmm, I thought that was the whole point for people keeping aggressive fish was getting off watching them constantly fight and bicker. Not a fan of this myself but it seems to be a popular stance around here.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Hmm, I thought that was the whole point for people keeping aggressive fish was getting off watching them constantly fight and bicker. Not a fan of this myself but it seems to be a popular stance around here.
Nah, I personally do not "discipline" my fish. My post was just for humor. I feel they are programmed to do what they do, so you can't really alter that.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
That is funny but time outs can work well on cichlids. Did it with an overly aggressive peacock.= it disrupts the pecking order and the new "boss" wasn't as dominating.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
I think it can work in resetting a dominant fish as previously mentioned. That and rearranging the aquascape help. Just thought the pic of the fish in the bag with the words "Time Out" was pretty funny.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Funny? Yes :) Cute? Yes. But seriously, why punish a fish for something you the fish-keeper have done? Moreover, as stated above, fish don't know right from wrong. They are instinct-driven biological machines. The keeper is responsible for everything "bad" that happens in their "artificially created mini underwater world".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store