Going Catfishing

BigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2005
Washington
Im going catfishing in the walla walla river this weekend and was wondering if anyone has anytips. I know there are alot of channel cats but i dont know exactley how to catch them. Im more of a bass fisherman. I was told to go at night and put a flashlight in a jar and lower it to the bottom wth a rope to attract the catfish. Any other suggestions.

EricW22

Feeder Fish
Oct 30, 2008
Brandon, MB
yeah i can give u some info on channel cat fishing, u need a meaduim action rod or any rod is good for meduim size channels. I use a Ugly Stick Lite 7 ft. i like using a bait caster reel and spin caster reel also works well. Berkley Big Game 20-25 lb fishing line works well if u catch a big one. The rig that works best for me and alot other catmen is the slider rig. A 2-3 oz No-Roll weight, tied before a size 3-5 barrel swivel that would be attached to a leader thats around 12-18" long with the same Big Game line, hooks are around 4/0-3/0 or or match the hook with the bait. Bait i love to use is frogs man, and goldeye, cut fish, good luck

I<3fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
CALIFORNIA
The smaller the treble hook the better.

alleykat0498

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2008
Central Virginia
He's prolly already out and fishing but Berkley gulp liver scented dough baits is like crack to chanel cats. I've produced some pretty nice numbers off a single bag, some hefty guys too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store