Going to Vancouver British Columbia Tomorrow

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
I'm flying to Vancouver British Columbia tomorrow to hang out with my brother for a couple days. As an extra treat I'm going to Big Al's aquarium to see what Asian Arowanas they've got and at what prices. Last year they had a 4 inch super red, 6 inch RTG, and about five 5 inch greens arowanas. I hope they have got an adult Red this time that would be awesome. Plus checking out the stingrays and the piranhas is going to be sweet and looking for any Arowana books in English. :D:D:headbang2:D:D

Cypher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Toronto, Canada
There are several other stores besides big al's that sell arowanas in BC. Check out arowanaclub.ca to find addresses to other arowana shops in vancouver. Trust me, you will see quality asian arowanas that are 10x that found at big als.

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Awesome, I'm there.

letsgofishn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2008
Alberta
Cypher;3392555; said:
There are several other stores besides big al's that sell arowanas in BC. Check out arowanaclub.ca to find addresses to other arowana shops in vancouver. Trust me, you will see quality asian arowanas that are 10x that found at big als.

Agree, Big Al's is like a Walmart, check out he LFS that specializes in aros www.arovillage.ca to name one. There are lots of them in Hongcouver. Happy shopping.

Kenta

Gambusia
MFK Member

Freshwater Tim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2009
Surrey,B.C. Canada
Hit up both Richmond and Burnaby locations. I know Burnaby does not have any Aro's but they have a cpl really nice display tanks. One with sharks and the other with rays.
King Ed Pets in Burnaby has a large Asian Aro for around $5,000.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
I don't see any Asian aros in Big Al's for the last 2 years now. Last time I saw they got a Green aro that is undersize, with gill gurl, damage barbels and just look awful. Not many people buy Asian aros in Big Al's anymore as they are freaking over price.

hondas3000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2008
BC, Canada
King_El is right. I think you better off with store and go to King_El house instead :). He pretty much have most of the arowana collection. Did I mention he have an albino aro too? Honestly if you want to see big aro its better to go to people house then the store. What Kenta mention is the store that carry asian aro but they are small size only.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store