Going to Vancouver British Columbia Tomorrow

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Just got back from Vancouver, and Vancouver is awesome. Saw the sites and ate like royalty.

However this trip was a bit bogus for Asian Arowanas my family and I were only in Vancouver for two day (two days in transit) and I set aside two hours to go Arowana hunting and decided to got to the arowana pro shop Aro Village (thanks for all the info all who made recomendations). To sum it up I got their during buisness hours (Tuesday at 12:15) and the shop had a sign saying he would be back at 12:00. My father and I went across the street and had lunch and about 30 to 45 minutes later the shop still was not open. I did some serious window shopping and the two hours I set aside were up and we left.
Good news is the shop if ten to fifteen minutes away from my brothers apartment (the rest of my family and I stayed in a hotel across town this trip) and I will be back and check out this Pro shop. During the window shopping I could only see arowanas in one tank, the second of the two bigger tanks closest to the shop door. I could see 5 to 6 four to five inch baby arowanas they weren't baby reds and the looked like either greens or baby red tail goldens. Does anyone know which tank I'm writing about and what kind of arowanas they were.

I visit one to two times a year and with more time on longer stays I'm going to make the rounds and eventually check out all the Arowana stores. I did go to the Vancouver Aquarium last year and is one of the best Aquariums I've gone to. The Airapima tank was huge and I actually think for the size of the tank there was not many fish in the tank (two Airipimas and some catfish is all I recall). The one tank that was crazy though there was a tank with Payara and Discus living together. Still loving Vancouver though.

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Does anyone who is a customer to this shop know what kind of Arowanas were in the second larger tank close to the door at Aro Village? As well what other Arowanas I could not see.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store