Golden Cobra Snakehead ( Channa Aurantimaculata)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi guyz!!!

Here is a video of my Auranti.

At the moment around 11 inches with tail.
I think he is a male. From the looks of it Im convinced.
Veteran Auranti keepers please let me know what you think.
If you like the video, like and subscribe :D
Let me know what you guyz think.
Bam
Beautiful Snakehead.

Reactions: Ash_water

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
For a 11inch specimen its look more female , I have seen some females with little blue on top, if it was a male his fins r much more wider

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Nice! Thanks for posting.
It's good to see beautiful specimen like this.

Here in the US most of the general public hears snakehead and thinks evil mindless killing machine, or the Northern snakehead which is the cause of the bann!

It's really nice to see these beautiful animals, even if I can't keep one myself.

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique

Here in the US most of the general public hears snakehead and thinks evil mindless killing machine, or the Northern snakehead which is the cause of the bann!

It's really nice to see these beautiful animals, even if I can't keep one myself.
They are evil mindless killing machines, all of them. xD

Reactions: BobsBitchyBottom

Ash_water

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Colombo Sri Lanka
instagram.com
For a 11inch specimen its look more female , I have seen some females with little blue on top, if it was a male his fins r much more wider
Hmmmm I seee.
One of my friends has a pair. His female is very dull looking compared to this one. Maybe mine is a very good looking female? :D

Ash_water

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Colombo Sri Lanka
instagram.com

Thank you.

These are very interesting fish. The sub tropical once have amazing colours.

What I love the most about snakeheads is that these fish are some of the most intelligent fish I have ever owned. Intelligence level is equal or more than Oscars

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Hmmmm I seee.
One of my friends has a pair. His female is very dull looking compared to this one. Maybe mine is a very good looking female? :D
She is, but it's probably because of the way your tank is set up.
Looks dark and full of hiding places. if your friend can reproduce that, his auranti will look better!

Ash_water

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Colombo Sri Lanka
instagram.com
She is, but it's probably because of the way your tank is set up.
Looks dark and full of hiding places. if your friend can reproduce that, his auranti will look better!
He keep them in a planted tank. I advised him to add more hiding spots. Be badly wants his Cobra to colour up lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store