Golden Gar 06/15/10

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
snookn21;4214704; said:
i traded my pet black gar for a breeding group of red eared sliders
"Arhhhh", (screaming bloody murder)! I must be retarded. I hit the roof and took the gas pipe when an in-law put the two red-eared slider turtles that outgrew their 55G into my farm pond and they bred! I prayed that my LMB would be able to devour these critters.

I didn't know that they were worth feeder minnows much less a black gar! Darn I could have made a killing if I got off of my dead duff and seined them out!

CTU2fan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Port Orange, FL
screaminleeman;4217010; said:
"Arhhhh", (screaming bloody murder)! I must be retarded. I hit the roof and took the gas pipe when an in-law put the two red-eared slider turtles that outgrew their 55G into my farm pond and they bred! I prayed that my LMB would be able to devour these critters.

I didn't know that they were worth feeder minnows much less a black gar! Darn I could have made a killing if I got off of my dead duff and seined them out!
I'm hoping there were some kind of funky morph like albinos or pastels, or 2-headed ones.

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
CTU2fan;4217121; said:
I'm hoping there were some kind of funky morph like albinos or pastels, or 2-headed ones.
No idea, but my "prayer" was answered. The LMB went ape poop devouring the babies. If/ when the adults breed again, I will collect the offspring and give em' out!

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Waiting to hear back from John. I'm trying my best to get this gar and keep it here at MFK where it belongs.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
:headbang2

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
John's been incommunicado for the last few days... hopefully it will still be available whenever he returns.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store