Golden Wonder Killifish Food??

N13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hello, I am deciding between a golden wonder killifish or a rainbow cichlid for my tank, so far I might get a golden wonder due to the personality, color, and the fun of feeding it, however, I want to know what the best foods are to feed these fish, right now I have tetra mix flakes and blood worm cubes, I might feed it that but what else? Can I feed it small live fish as a treat? Can I feed crickets / shrimps and other inverts? I really want this fish looking and acting its best so any food ideas will be nice. :feedback:

FLA

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2017
It can eat small live fish, but why take the biosecurity risk. Unless your are breeding gouramis or something easy that stays near the surface. Inverts are a great option. I love feeding mosquito larvae to fish like them. Small crickets, fruit flies, and spiders would be fine as well. Another option is to put a bucket of water outside and put some cottonseed meal or banana peels in there to generate some microorganisms like daphnia. If you are buying quality prepared foods they are nutritionally complete. These other feeds are more about stimulating behavior.

N13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2021
It can eat small live fish, but why take the biosecurity risk. Unless your are breeding gouramis or something easy that stays near the surface. Inverts are a great option. I love feeding mosquito larvae to fish like them. Small crickets, fruit flies, and spiders would be fine as well. Another option is to put a bucket of water outside and put some cottonseed meal or banana peels in there to generate some microorganisms like daphnia. If you are buying quality prepared foods they are nutritionally complete. These other feeds are more about stimulating behavior.
Thanks a lot

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store