Good 'Dither' Fish For Cichlids?

R DUNNE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2005
MANCHESTER
Hello there fellow M.F.K's
Im currently looking for a new 'Dither' fish to live in my 100g set-up.
The tank currently houses a Red Oscar, Gold Severum, 2 Silver Dollars, a Feather-Fin Catfish and a Sail-Fin Plecostomus!
This set-up has been running a while now and although i love my beutiful fish, id like to add a shoal of new dithers to accompany the dollars and to add a new flavour to my beloved tank.
Im would like to hear what other M.F.K's have successfully mixed with these or other similar tempered cichlids?
Many thanks for reading this thread and any replys would be well appriciated...

CichlidAddict

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
MN
I would just add more silver dollars - look for red hooks or barred.

Otherwise, you could do tinfoil barbs but they get fairly large (12"+)

BloodThirsty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2006
Indiana
I would say your best bet would be to add at least three more Silver Dollars to the mix. You might try some Red Hook SD's if you want a small change.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
tinfoils or more silver dollars would be best.

ProblEmZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2006
Lynnwood, Washington what!
Zebra Danio's no way. My fish, I'm thinking mainly the yellow sev, devoured around 10 in 2 weeks lol.

Giant Danio's maybe but depends how fast the Oscar is.

Tinfoil barbs and more varied SD's is what i would do with your set up.

vicedretard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
in the river
zebra danios is definately a no...you would need the load of them to do the job and they will get eaten...tinfoil or silver dollars sound like the best idea to me...zebra danios could work in a 29gal with firemouths...im tryin that theory right now and so far so good but the FM is only 1.5 inch...

Plowed

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
It'll take a while but the FM will probably take them down, they're just not high-bodied enough. I agree with the above, tin foils or silver dollars seem like the right ones.

Morgs202

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2006
Australia
As everyone else said, silver dollars. The spotted variety is particularly nice. They can beslightly aggro, but banded leporinius are quite a nice fish too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store