Good morning from a growing EBJD

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Thank you! It's about 4.5 inches now. I'm not sure how to sex other than venting? And, I'm not sure how to properly vent it. I've tried to read about other ways, but there is very conflicting info out there on sexing these guys since they don't have the same markings as a normal Jack Dempsey. If you find a reliable way, let me know!
I'm pretty sure ShadowP ShadowP can sex them, but I don't think he's been online for a while. He had some beautiful fry that I would love to see grown up now..

Reactions: Brittanirdh

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Beautiful fish. Are you seeing much aggression from it?

I'd love to own one, but I think it would be too aggressive for my tank.

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Beautiful fish. Are you seeing much aggression from it?

I'd love to own one, but I think it would be too aggressive for my tank.
They are less aggressive than a regular Jack Dempsey.
This one lives with a Philippine blue veiled angle, several long fin danios, few Pictus cats, and nerite snails. The angle and EBJD size each other up and face off with no injuries. The EBJD is definitely the pig in the tank and gets 1st dibs on food.
I had bought 2 EBJD at the same time, and this one is growing well and the 2nd is still barely over 2 inches. I had to move the smaller to another tank bc the bigger one was bullying the smaller one. The smaller one is super skidish and not aggressive at all. So, I guess it varies in each individual fish.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
He looks very happy. :D

Fts of the 125? :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store