Good pellet food?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Someone actually referred it to me said it was similar to nls.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
The OP can order any of the previously mentioned foods from online vendors in Canada, none of them are difficult to obtain.

expkeeper19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2009
Regina
Alright well if I go with NLS I can get if from a local fish store if I go with massivore ill have to order it online. And as for my stock most the fish are 10+ inches and a few are still growing out and are small. I have no worries about buying a few different pellets from NLS has anyone used extreme? Its supposedly the exact same thing as NLS but its cheaper to buy. But yah I've got a wide veriety of fish I'd like to get used to pellets. Bichirs, gar, indo tiger datnoid, stingray and Pbass. So obbiously not all my pellets can be floating and not all can be sinking so I'm sure ill need multiple pellets

Sent from my SGH-I747M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Xtreme is not the same thing as NLS, not even remotely close. The only thing similar those two foods have is the owner of Xtreme lives just down the road from the owner of NLS. That's where their similarity begins & ends. Northfin food is far more similar ingredient wise to NLS, than any other brand.

expkeeper19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2009
Regina
Xtreme is not the same thing as NLS, not even remotely close. The only thing similar those two foods have is the owner of Xtreme lives just down the road from the owner of NLS. That's where their similarity begins & ends. Northfin food is far more similar ingredient wise to NLS, than any other brand.
See the "rumor" I heard is that the owner of nls and the owner of xtreme used to be partners in business in ontario i believe. And when they came up with NLS the one partner split off and took the recipy and called it Xtreme. I was told this by a friend of mine who owns an exotic fish and reptile store. I'm not saying you're wrong Im just letting you know what I was told.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. :)

Both owners live in Homestead Florida, at one time (30+ yrs ago) they did raise fish together, but that's where it ends. Back then they fed vitamin enriched baby food to their ponds... aka dough balls. Pablo Tepoot, from NLS, branched out on his own 30+ yrs ago, and approx 20 yrs ago started up his fish food company New Life International.

Approx 5 yrs ago the other fish farmer from 30+ yrs ago, Rick Biro, started up Xtreme fish food.

http://nlsfishfood.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=59

^
I wrote that. I was also the first distributor of NLS in Canada. (now retired)

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I think the better question would be, what makes NLS so different from Xtreme?

New Life doesn't use low cost starch fillers such as rice meal, soybean meal, and ground wheat. See post #13 of the following past discussion for more detail on ingredients such as those. Here's a hint, they aren't used to boost the quality of nutrients or bioavailability of nutrients in a fish food.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...r-all-of-you-New-Life-Spectrum-Fans&p=6671240

And for those that are using and are happy with the results of Xtreme, by all means keep feeding it to your fish. I was simply attempting to answer a question for the OP. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store