Good question about EBJD and Platinum Jack Dempseys

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
Does any one know what will happen if you bred a EBJD with a Platinum Jack Dempsey? I have a female EBJD and a male Platinum jack Dempsey and was wondering what the fry what be if they was to bred with each other, Would the fry be all Platinum's, would there be some EBJD's, Would they just have the blue jean's or what? Does any one know about this or has any one ever done it? Please let me know I would love to hear your input!!! And thank you in advance.....

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
I tried to Google it to see if I can find anything about it and looked on here for any threads about it but could not find nothing on here and could only find a few post about it and from what I see they say Platinum jacks are about the same as EBJD's and the fry will not survive if they breed together!!!! Can any one confirm or deny this for me, Do you know of anyone who has ever done it?

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
If the fry survived you'd get 100% EBJD. But I'd bet on any fry not surviving whatsoever.

Wow that is awesome.. Could I ask where you found that chart at? I looked every where for anything on it and could not find anything!!! thank you very much for the help and I don't think I will be trying to do that now... I went to a LFS today to get some regular jacks and they had Platinum's selling them as regular JD's and I bought 3 of them because they was so cheap. And that made me think what would happen if they breed.. Thanks again for your help man....

Chidori Noodlez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Michigan
hope this might help you out.....
breeding chart.jpg

breeding chart.jpg

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
Ok now this is making me mad.. LOL ... I searched all over the net trying to find something like this and could not find nothing about them and there are 2 of them out there.. I see this just tells you what you will get if you breed this with that, and I was looking for information on that and will the fry survive if you mix them so that may be why I could not find anything on it... Again thank you so much for the reply and help, I really do appreciate it...
hope this might help you out.....
View attachment 939212

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store