Goodbye old friend...

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
Its been at LEAST 8 years since I took in this monster. He/she is an albino oscar. Tough as nails and hardy! 8 YEARS!

12.5" now and on *her* last legs of this journey known as life. Lost an eye and battled to be the master of her domain against any fish that dare to enter her space... taking her last breath in this picture.

20160831_190233.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry for the loss!

Reactions: Racersk

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
Gawd... still breathing.

Best method to euthanize?
Freezing I heard was best for zero pain.

Thank you all for understanding

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Thats so sad to hear man. Well done on giving the oscar a great life. You should probably let it pass on or use a clove oil mixture or something similar to let him pass quickly and painlessly

Reactions: Racersk

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Gawd... still breathing.

Best method to euthanize?
Freezing I heard was best for zero pain.

Thank you all for understanding

I personally do not believe in freezing. That process puts fish through clear distress. It sucks but it's my obligation (in my opinion) to do it quickly and painlessly. I use the one hit method. Heavy on the owners heart but it's instant for the animal.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
I personally do not believe in freezing. That process puts fish through clear distress. It sucks but it's my obligation (in my opinion) to do it quickly and painlessly. I use the one hit method. Heavy on the owners heart but it's instant for the animal.

I believe nature has taken its coarse. No movement.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store