goonch new home

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
Good job so far, am in uk so like the idea of this!

I'm about to buy a similar sized glass tank second hand and am worried about how to move it as also have confined space to move it. What sort of jack did you use and did you hire it from somewhere?

Good luck with rest of build!
hi jez, it took 4 blokes to lift it in, for the adjustments in the shed i used wood blocks and a trolley jack for car (tonne) then i just pushed it where i needed it. it was the only way we couldnt even get round it to shuffle it in, just be very careful my tank is double based so little flex in it.

by the way in terms of update the tank has water well about 12" but its the most its had so far

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
well a bit of an update, i did some playing with my filters.

i have 3x 1800lph each internals and 1 or 2 1200lph internals if needed.

i wasn't convinced they would be powerful enough but they are. i have 100% surface movements a good flow and that with two running.

one filter

two

see how it goes once i have the wiring in and can move the filters around a bit more.

Reactions: Evz jardini

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Setups looking great Shane he'll put some size on in there in no time :)

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
Setups looking great Shane he'll put some size on in there in no time :)
i'm so glad i preempted this mate. i had read there growth rate was slow and took it as read, in fact he is smashing inches a month. in three months he has gone from about 14" to just shy of 20" hahahah ill get a proper measurement in a week or two when i move him but there is slate in his tank that is 20" and he is nearly as long. i would not like to be in a position where he is out growing his tank faster than i can sort the new one but he is close to being too big for it now luckily its not a standard tank and even though its only 55g it got large floor space for him to move around and turn.

so much space coming his way hahaha

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
The footprint of the tank is what counts mate he's got space to move around fine , great growth rate shows he's happy and healthy in my eyes great job Shane

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
The footprint of the tank is what counts mate he's got space to move around fine , great growth rate shows he's happy and healthy in my eyes great job Shane
thanks mate means a lot see where we are this time next year when im building a pool hahaha

Reactions: Evz jardini
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store