got a spare $8400.00?

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
I guess my point didnt come across correctly. You put countless hours into that to make it look perfect. You definitely have passion for aquariums. What upsets me is just buying expensive fish because they are expensive as some sort of status. I feel like monster fish and huge aquariums are interesting enough.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Good point- agreed. One of the nicest displays I have seen is at the Shedd aquarium and it was just a school of cardinal tetras!

lyfeoffishing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2013
florida
If you've seen them you know where they are catch them you'll make 6 figures a year on them
It's quite easy to see these guys if you spend time on the water of broward county FL. Although I've caught one of the albino gars about two years ago I haven't hooked into the koi yet (might have the other day had a run that was 150yrds long then he went into a drain and cut off dont know what it was) but honestly I wouldn't even have a spot to house one for a long enough period of time to sell it.

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
It's quite easy to see these guys if you spend time on the water of broward county FL. Although I've caught one of the albino gars about two years.... but honestly I wouldn't even have a spot to house one for a long enough period of time to sell it.

HOLY Crap batman- just keep it in a 30 gallon styrofoam cooler and call me. I cruise down and get it the next day! These things are rare beyond belief.

verawrf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2014
Florida
It's very cool & all, but their are entire lakes full of Florida gars of this morph, so the price can't be justified.
Haven't been into gar for too long now, but I did see a pic of one of these on google a few months ago and decided to do some searches. Although i agree the rarity does not justify a 8400 price tag, as i have seen them go for cheaper on some forum archives, I do however want the location of these florida lakes you speak of ;). 23 years on lakes in FL. and never have I seen one of these in the wild.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store