Got My New Tank!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
What were the exact param numbers?
How did the fish look? Any noticeable damage?
Low oxygen is possible, but with two hang on backs you should have good oxygenation.
The green terror could also be a culprit.
Water change always helps.

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Nitrate 5-10 max, the rest 0. Waters great. No damage whatsoever to the fish.

Now one of the two firemouths that is left is sitting on the bottom extremely still.

An interesting fact, the dead fire mouth as well as the one that is not looking good now have a crazy vibrant colors if that means anything. IMG_1870.jpeg

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
I did but don’t know if he actually fed them or not yet. I wasn’t too concerned as they needed a break and said if he could go feed them one time. Need to ask if he did….

What’s funny is all the Giant Danios (the only fish that don’t pick on the bottom) all seem completely fine…..

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
So I also thought I saw the GT and catfish twitching about a week ago….? Random fun twitches?? Other than that, they’ve seemed perfectly ok so didn’t make a big deal about it. Just trying to think of everything.

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
I did put the AC 110’s back on on Tuesday and did about a 50% water change while doing so. Thinking back, I may have made a mistake and only treated for 35-40 gallons of water vs the whole volume of 75. Is there a chance it didn’t get all the chlorine and that has slowly been killing the fish?

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I did put the AC 110’s back on on Tuesday and did about a 50% water change while doing so. Thinking back, I may have made a mistake and only treated for 35-40 gallons of water vs the whole volume of 75. Is there a chance it didn’t get all the chlorine and that has slowly been killing the fish?
Perhaps? But I would think your entire tank would be affected. Sorry for your loss :(. Is your water a weird color? Green?

I would highly recommend doing a water change after pulling the dead fish out. When I have a dead fish, I always clean the tank after pulling it out no matter how small the fish is.

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Perhaps? But I would think your entire tank would be affected. Sorry for your loss :(. Is your water a weird color? Green?

I would highly recommend doing a water change after pulling the dead fish out. When I have a dead fish, I always clean the tank after pulling it out no matter how small the fish is.
I know, wondered that too….maybe some were just affected differently….??

I’ll do a water change and clean tomorrow. Sucks after watching those two grow for over a year.

No strange colors or green.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store