Grade AAA MM Ray vs Black Rays

Whats the cause of the recent AAA Marble Ray interest?

• In reaction to Black ray prices, etc.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Not related at all, people are just more aware of them now!

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Little bit of BOTH

Votes: 40 49.4%

• Total voters

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I agree. It's all in what they are worth to the buyer. I'd never pay more for a 'designer' ray. I buy based on species and animal health.

Duckman77

Piranha
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
Aurora, IL
DB junkie;2619053; said:
They still are hot.... ;) The ones that he captive bred were absolutly amazing. Could tell they were knockouts within the first few weeks of being born.
Let's see some pics of the marbles you got from stingrayguy!

On topic: I would always choose a AAA marble over an average to above average black ray. I've even passed on the opportunity to trade the former for the latter. Now those "black diamonds" on the other hand....

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
X2!!!

I've NEVER seen a Marble offered for sale over here for more than $1K

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Duckman77;2619108; said:
Let's see some pics of the marbles you got from stingrayguy!
Unfortunately I only got ONE from him. And after doing some digging I think yours is prettier. I'm so happy you're going to hook me up with pick of your first litter.....;):ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Hey Gr8 how bout passing me over some of that dollar popcorn? I'll gladly give you $3 for it. :(

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
DB junkie;2619098; said:
Eye of the beholder.......

Each ray is like a piece of art or music..... Some like Mozart, some like Mudvayne.

The easiest way to tell is if you are the one buying OR if you are the one selling......LMAO!!!!
Yeah if I am the one selling they would all be AAA:) But since I am the
one buying I don't see it.:D

stingray94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2007
Rhode Island
Gr8KarmaSF;2619100; said:
Wow, got a pic or thread link of this AAA marble? :popcorn:
It was about a year ago from a seller in Thailand I don't remember the name-I'll see if I can dig it up though. He was selling all kinds of black rays and a mm that looked more like a pearl and he was selling the mm for more than/the same as the price of pearls and leos.

csx4236

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
USA
I have only seen one vendor on this site offer a marble motoro for more then 400 and his price range was 500-1000. Were did this sudden surge in price come from? There easily imported if you want them they can be found. The problem is for every 20 you buy maybe 1 or 2 will be this AAA grade and rest are average marbles. But what alot of people dont understand is marbled motoro change all the time you could have a AAA grade when young turn into a dog in matter of a few years. Trust me we have seen it happen many times with high quality MM and them bam at 2 years or older there nothing special. We have over 10 exceptional pieces in our breeding stock and had to go thru 50-100 pieces to get them.

stingray94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2007
Rhode Island
stingray94;2619227; said:
It was about a year ago from a seller in Thailand I don't remember the name-I'll see if I can dig it up though. He was selling all kinds of black rays and a mm that looked more like a pearl and he was selling the mm for more than/the same as the price of pearls and leos.
found it! The name of the website is wasanbetta.net. At that time(about a year ago) he was selling 5" inch male leos for $2000 and females for $2500 USD. He also had a mm that was being sold for $1500 USD, cheaper than the leos that he was selling but still more expensive than some of the leos that mike sells.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store