Great news,My Channa-ornatipinnis have laid eggs

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
hey hun, congrats!!! guess i'll be expecting some fry from you then, my way?!!!! ;)

bolty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2006
salisbury (UK)
WoW thats great man, not sure what there breeding/raising there eggs/fry are?. keep them alive if they get that far, or i'll raise them for you.

Peter McFarlane

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2007
London
very cool!

good luck with the eggs, got my fingers crossed for you

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
gigas12;2702395; said:
Hi,congrats,great fish ,good luck with the fry!
Thanks mate:D
black_sun;2702498; said:
Wow, beautiful fish. Good luck!
Thank you mate

oscar n redtail cat;2702537; said:
very lucky :D GL mate with the fry
Hehe yes iam the flukesta:nilly:

Neervana;2702565; said:
hey hun, congrats!!! guess i'll be expecting some fry from you then, my way?!!!! ;)
Hehe wait and see if i actually manage to get hatchlings and raise them,,if i do your welcome

bolty;2702581; said:
WoW thats great man, not sure what there breeding/raising there eggs/fry are?. keep them alive if they get that far, or i'll raise them for you.
YAAAY might have to rely on you if they are not sucessful

King-eL;2702587; said:
That's good news!
Thanks dude
Peter McFarlane;2702643; said:
very cool!
hehe cheers bud
good luck with the eggs, got my fingers crossed for you
Thanks mate iam going to need luck

Bogwoodbruce;2702745; said:
Congrats mate.

Good luck with em.
cheers boggy

tropheus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
well done mate , that is a first recorded spawning of ornatipinis

feed the fry newly hatched brine shrimp once they are free swimming , they may provide feeder eggs.

so glad you managed this , something that we though was going to be near impossable , really well done.

if you need any help just pm or mail me at colin.bradbury1@ntlworld.com i will try and help where i can ,but you are now in unknown territory

very interesting the eggs are at the surface , till now they where assumed mouth brooders

cheers col

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
south coast nelly;2703395; said:
Thanks mate:D

Thank you mate

Hehe yes iam the flukesta:nilly:

Hehe wait and see if i actually manage to get hatchlings and raise them,,if i do your welcome

YAAAY might have to rely on you if they are not sucessful

Thanks dude

Thanks mate iam going to need luck

cheers boggy
im holding you to that promise! :D btw, are you still going to that cichlid show you were talking about? or you changed your mind?

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
ok well i have been watching them for a while, i have to close the kitchen door and sit on the floor for them to act normal......theres one which is much larger thicker and chunkier which i just persume is the male, the other is smaller,thinner and more slender.....well he has been on consant watch under the feeding ring and if i creep up to have a look he will lunge forward...I have removed two white eggs which have turned in the last hour, My filters flow is aimed at the floor, should i leave it like this?just wondering about water flo as theres nothing at surface, much like a mill pond, also i have duck weed which has now covered 3/4 of the surface so hopefully if they hatch they have somewhere to feel safe and hopefully not get sucked into the filter. As filter is one of the jewul filters which has two intakes on being at suface but the weeds covering the entrance........I have not done any waterchanges since before christmas...temps around 18c and all they eat is dried meal worms....
The female still swims around with the male but has nothing to do with the eggs...

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Neervana;2703850; said:
im holding you to that promise! :D btw, are you still going to that cichlid show you were talking about? or you changed your mind?
Do you know what i had COMPLETELY forgotten about the show,,arrr when is/was it/?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store