Green Anaconda

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
Sup peoples, it's been awhile.

I was wondering if anyone knew any breeders who breed green anacondas?

Now heres the hard part, in Canada.....

If you do, PM me. Even if its state side, I will fill out papers. Not a problem. Just make sure we can meet.

Thanks everybody.

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
Kingsnake is the only place I can say to look.
Mostly yellows on there but I see a few greens now and then.

lophius

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
UK
contact Kelly Haller on Kingsnake - you'll find him on the anaconda forum (under boas) - he seems to be one of the most accomplished green breeders in the states.

carl

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
Thanks everyone :)

I will continue my search.

kenC56

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2008
Las Vegas
I agree with other poster on Kelly Haller. Do not go to just any supplier and make sure the anaconda is captive bred. Wild caught ones are kinda like w/c ball python, crapy eaters. You gonna build your own cage for an anaconda? I saw your boa cage and would love to see a thread on you building the anaconda cage.

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
kenC56;2900696; said:
I agree with other poster on Kelly Haller. Do not go to just any supplier and make sure the anaconda is captive bred. Wild caught ones are kinda like w/c ball python, crapy eaters. You gonna build your own cage for an anaconda? I saw your boa cage and would love to see a thread on you building the anaconda cage.
Well, I plan on buying a CCB snake. And I will be buying a small one and it will live in a large rubermade bin. Once it's large enough, I will move it o the 85G. By that time, I will have made my boa cage. I will most certainly be posting a DIY for that. :)

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
I hope you have the means to build a REALLY big cage;)

kenC56

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2008
Las Vegas
Z Trip;2900751; said:
Well, I plan on buying a CCB snake. And I will be buying a small one and it will live in a large rubermade bin. Once it's large enough, I will move it o the 85G. By that time, I will have made my boa cage. I will most certainly be posting a DIY for that. :)
I would skip the 85g tank if it is a normal aquarium. They are very crappy at holding humidity and with anacondas low humidity you will risk RI. I would look into a big rubbermaid. They are cheap and you can get about the same surface area as an 85g. Glad to here about the DIY. Looking foward to it.

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
coura;2900879; said:
I hope you have the means to build a REALLY big cage;)
Oh ya don't worry. I'm buying a male because I have read that they get 9-12 feet long. I will build it an 8 foot long enclosure but that will be temporary. When I'm older and have a house of my own, I want to have a green house attached to the house that has a pond in it. Thats where he will live :)

kenC56;2900897; said:
I would skip the 85g tank if it is a normal aquarium. They are very crappy at holding humidity and with anacondas low humidity you will risk RI. I would look into a big rubbermaid. They are cheap and you can get about the same surface area as an 85g. Glad to here about the DIY. Looking foward to it.
I don't get why people say that aquarium don't hold humidity.... Water doesn't goes though glass...... And the lid I have is glass to. I don't see the problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store