Green Spotted Puffer in salt?

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I'm not so worried about fluctuations - I already have a sump I can hook up, 75 gallon skimmer and an Eheim I can hook up, just don't know if it will all fit or if the current will be too much for the awkward swimming little guy. My live rock has been in freshwater for WAY too long to still be live so I'll have to take a huge amount of time preparing the tank for salt anyway so I'll just start brackish and slowly acclimate (though I'm sure the LFS keeps them in FW). All things considered it should equal out to at least 30 gallons, I don't think they get big enough that space would be an issue in a 20? Is a weekly feeding of snails enough or do they require more?

I'm in Ohio, wish I were closer to Cali after this winter though lol

Thanks for all the advice again guys!
They get about 5" and are extremely active. A 20g display area just isn't enough space for an active puffer. I'm not entirely sure but I think figure 8's are smaller and can live in full marine as well. I'm not sure on that though

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Davis102613

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2013
USA
The reason I wanted a puffer in the first place is we had such a great time diving with them in Central America this past week. If it's not possible in a 20 (which is what it sounds) I won't try it. What other SW fish would be appropriate for a 20?

I really appreciate the advice guys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store