Green Terror in 55-Gallon

Berts46ers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2018
NSW
I have just read this thread from start to finish, and now my head really hurts haha.

In all seriousness mate, just do decent (50% or so) water changes every other day until the fish are completely cured and not looking all beaten up. You should not jump to medications as your 1st thought.

Then just keep these fish and enjoy them for a while. As they grow larger you may run into some more problems etc but that will be great to learn from.

From reading the thread, I don’t think these fish are your favourites or preferred species, but look after them and learn from them. Then when you get your dream fish, you won’t be stressing all the time (you have stated that you do) about the fish, and it will be much more enjoyable.

We have all gone through that learning curve at the start where you want to have every fish and change stock every month. In reality, this leads to sickness and problems with the fish. A stable tank is a healthy one. Not adding new fish every month.

If you decide you want to mix it up non stop, and get whatever fish you desire, then just do it. Don’t worry about posting here with every combination imaginable, trying to get others approval 1st.
You will figure it out in the end.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I have just read this thread from start to finish, and now my head really hurts haha.

In all seriousness mate, just do decent (50% or so) water changes every other day until the fish are completely cured and not looking all beaten up. You should not jump to medications as your 1st thought.

Then just keep these fish and enjoy them for a while. As they grow larger you may run into some more problems etc but that will be great to learn from.

From reading the thread, I don’t think these fish are your favourites or preferred species, but look after them and learn from them. Then when you get your dream fish, you won’t be stressing all the time (you have stated that you do) about the fish, and it will be much more enjoyable.

We have all gone through that learning curve at the start where you want to have every fish and change stock every month. In reality, this leads to sickness and problems with the fish. A stable tank is a healthy one. Not adding new fish every month.

If you decide you want to mix it up non stop, and get whatever fish you desire, then just do it. Don’t worry about posting here with every combination imaginable, trying to get others approval 1st.
You will figure it out in the end.
Thank you Berts46ers@ for the encouraging words. I'm surprised you have followed this thread lol.

I agree with you on the consistent posting regarding my tank. I will decide on my own: I've learned a lot from this forum so I think I have enough "fish sense" to at least make better choices, even if they're not perfect. Meaning, I won't choose an Arowana or a peacock bass for my tank or anything nuts like that lol. I'm not going to leave, but I will ease off the convos regarding my own tank. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Berts46ers

Berts46ers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2018
NSW
Thank you Berts46ers@ for the encouraging words. I'm surprised you have followed this thread lol.

I agree with you on the consistent posting regarding my tank. I will decide on my own: I've learned a lot from this forum so I think I have enough "fish sense" to at least make better choices, even if they're not perfect. Meaning, I won't choose an Arowana or a peacock bass for my tank or anything nuts like that lol. I'm not going to leave, but I will ease off the convos regarding my own tank. :)
Keep posting stuff that you want to mate, there is nothing wrong with that.
I just meant, don’t worry about seeking opinion/approval on every possible tank stock or Tank setup etc. Everyone has different opinions and ultimately it’s your tank, so do it your way.

You don’t want to be stressing too much with the hobby or you won’t be doing it for very long.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Keep posting stuff that you want to mate, there is nothing wrong with that.
I just meant, don’t worry about seeking opinion/approval on every possible tank stock or Tank setup etc. Everyone has different opinions and ultimately it’s your tank, so do it your way.

You don’t want to be stressing too much with the hobby or you won’t be doing it for very long.
I get it. I have been stressing with the hobby quite a bit, I think my New Year's resolution will be not to stress so much lol.

Reactions: Berts46ers

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I just re-read some of this thread from just a few months ago....damn I was idiot lol.
Lol, that was only six months ago.

Come back and read it in 5 years or so; you'll probably shoot yourself... :lol3:

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Come back and read it in 5 years or so; you'll probably shoot yourself... :lol3:
He speaks the truth sab, you’ll laugh at some of the stuff you’ve said and cringe hard at others lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store