Green terror sexing

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
Pretty hard to tell for sure from these pictures but I'd say male as it has the pointed fins. See if you can snap a picture of the belly so we can see the vent. How big is this guy...seems fairly small still.

Cahmasjl

Exodon
MFK Member
May 13, 2018
Pretty hard to tell for sure from these pictures but I'd say male as it has the pointed fins. See if you can snap a picture of the belly so we can see the vent. How big is this guy...seems fairly small still.
He is probably between the 3-4 inch range. I think it’s to small to tell by venting right now that’s why I was trying to get everyone’s preference

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Unless you can get a clearer picture of the vent area I’m going to say I’m leaning towards female.
In my experience only the females I’ve had get that “glow” to their dorsal fin that you see in the first two pictures. Plus the fins don’t have nearly as much color as I’d expect to see in a male this size.

Cahmasjl

Exodon
MFK Member
May 13, 2018
Unless you can get a clearer picture of the vent area I’m going to say I’m leaning towards female.
In my experience only the females I’ve had get that “glow” to their dorsal fin that you see in the first two pictures. Plus the fins don’t have nearly as much color as I’d expect to see in a male this size.
Can you vent at this age

Cahmasjl

Exodon
MFK Member
May 13, 2018
So I couldn’t get a clear picture by venting and was still hard for me to tell. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
It's a crap shoot at this size without more to go on. There's nothing here that would allow for a definitive answer.

I'm guessing this is a fairly new addition to your tank and hasn't completely settled in yet? If so give it a couple weeks and see how it looks then.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store