Green Terror Spitting Out Food

Water

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2007
Houston
Oh sweet! Large cichlids like Oscars and Jags and my clown knife.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Idk how big your Oscars and Jags are, but if you're feeding them 3mm pellets currently then I guess they're around 7"+. If you want to go to a bigger pellet, 4.5mm floating is the best for them after obtaining 14" in length. Your CK will get pretty big.. but would probably prefer the sinking kind.. Honestly 3mm is a good size for your CK until about 15", then it could be fed the 10mm sinking.. but even then I think it would expel a lot of the pellets out its gills. Whatever you chose to do, good luck.

Calvin Klein

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2011
British Columbia
Yes. Thanks from me too. I'm gonna try to do the epsom salts treatment to my GT's food. Hopefully he will get hungry enough soon to eat something. He has not even been looking at food lately but still is active, has good colours and does not seem to be wasting away.

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
Update: I got my boy(Trimac) almost back to normal. I had treated with Metro but after the info from RDs post, I increased temp,and added the appropriate amount of salt. My Trimac wasn't eating but he's been a little more interested in frozen krill, so I have now fed him twice frozen krill loaded with Kent Garlic Xtreme and I haven't seen any white stringy feces on him and he's putting a bit more weight back on. I also added the garlic directly into the water(1 drop per 10 gallons). Hoping this continues and he gets back onto his normal pellets.

Calvin Klein

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2011
British Columbia
Update: Just put in the second dose of API General Cure. After the 24 hrs of the first dose the GT was still not interested in food. Still looks good though so that is a good sign. White stringy feces are still present. Let's hope the next 48 hrs bring a change in appetite. This is about day 10-12 of not eating. Come on API!!!!!!

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
Update: Just put in the second dose of API General Cure. After the 24 hrs of the first dose the GT was still not interested in food. Still looks good though so that is a good sign. White stringy feces are still present. Let's hope the next 48 hrs bring a change in appetite. This is about day 10-12 of not eating. Come on API!!!!!!
CK, get that stuff made by Kent called Garlic Xtreme...it IS "Xtreme" but it does wonders. My Trimac was at the point of no return and now he's back full force. Hes been chowing down on pellets and every other thing he can get in his mouth. I think that general cure stuff does more for prevention. Either way, good luck bro.

Calvin Klein

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2011
British Columbia
Yeah I will have to get some. I know places in town sell Kent products but none of them carried "Garlic Xtreme". Gonna have to get a bottle ordered in. Glad to hear your trimac pulled through. Nothing feels better than bringing back a fish that you kinda think is done for. Thanks for the good advice. I'll post again in a few days and let you know of this API product works as well.

Calvin Klein

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2011
British Columbia
Well, sorry to bump this thread again but just thought I would update for those that are interested or have had similar issues. My green terror is still alive even though I have not actually seen it consume food in over a month. I still see it gulp and then spit. I have tried garlic in food and directly in the tank. I have tried epsom salts absorbed into the food. I used three dosages of API General Cure. The tank temp has been kept up above 80 and even as high as 85 and there has been plenty of airation. When I first got it, it ate everything like a pig. It was mostly a diet of cihlid spirulina sticks that float and broken of chunks of massivore sinking pellets. The fish's poop is no longer just white and stringy. Today it was quite dark. The crazy thing is it still just spits out food that it eats (including bloodworm). The only thing I have noticed is that the massivore pellet chunks that I have tried to feed it are no longer going moldy on the bottom of the tank. Even the moldy food has been eaten before I cleaned it out. It is clearly eating but I honestly have not seen it eat since the beginning of April. This fish is crazy hardy! Still looks great too. I jsut wish he would eat normally again. Glad it's still alive though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store