MFK Member
Feb 13, 2012
Canada
IMG_0472.JPGIMG_0483.JPG
Picked him up last week.

2010 Male.

Sire - Jade line x Aru
Dam - Danish Zoo Biak

Planning to pick up a Merauke yearling female next week.

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
Cool. Is he still nippy? Any plans of breeding it?

Far2lively

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2012
London, England
I want one< my mate had a royal python before that was pretty cool but really stumpy lol

younggalaxy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2012
Canada
Cool. Is he still nippy? Any plans of breeding it?
He has yet to take a nip at me. At first he was apprehensive (the first picture was taken within the hour I brought him home) as you can tell by the way he is wrapped around the perch, but he is a gentle snake and responds very well to fair handling. I tend to be pretty good/lucky with animals, so as long as I respect the snake's boundaries I don't ever expect to get bit.. He does go into the "S" position around 8-9PM or so, I surely wouldn't try to pet him or anything then.

I do plan on purchasing a yearling female, most likely a Merauke locality, next week. Having said that I won't be trying to breed this pair for at least another 2 years or so as I believe females are ripe to conceive at the age of 3+. I have absolutely zero problems waiting and appreciating the heck out of their presence.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - show your Temple Viper please! They are on par with chondros as far as my love for snakes go, and the fact they seem to be a challenge to keep (computer fan+good ventilation+super humidity+proper hydration+spare and appropriate feeding) only intrigues me more.

younggalaxy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2012
Canada
I want one< my mate had a royal python before that was pretty cool but really stumpy lol
That's a lot of snakeheads that you keep.. One of my favourites of freshwaters aside from the Hoplias species.
Did I read that right - you have 4 Barcas?? $$$

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store