Group of angel fishes not pairing up.!!

Niyaz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2019
I have 16 angels which are collected randomly and left in a 75 gallon tank 60% of them are siblings. They are all adults above 12 to 16 months. And now its been almost two months they are together and doesnt show any mating rituals. All are very active and agressive to each other since then. I feed them best quality flake, pellet and frozen blood worms. And temperature is at 28-30 degree Celsius (82-86F). WHAT COULD BE THE REASON???

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have 16 angels which are collected randomly and left in a 75 gallon tank 60% of them are siblings. They are all adults above 12 to 16 months. And now its been almost two months they are together and doesnt show any mating rituals. All are very active and agressive to each other since then. I feed them best quality flake, pellet and frozen blood worms. And temperature is at 28-30 degree Celsius (82-86F). WHAT COULD BE THE REASON???
Remove some of them I may be wrong but I'm thinking too many in the 75 and too much activity among them.

Niyaz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2019
Remove some of them I may be wrong but I'm thinking too many in the 75 and too much activity among them.
But i have had other batches paring up in the same size… its really clueless is nt it?

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Fish are fickle like that. I got a mismatched adopted angelfish pair that has produced at least 4 clutches of 6 week old fry and several batches of wrigglers/eggs i destroyed (eggs) they were breeding on anything and now 2 years old refuse to breed in the 75g tank with no other angelfish around for months as soon i kicked them out from the 20g long after getting my basement back in order and have been bickering amongst each other constantly chasing one another i might put in the columbian silver juvies i got in another tank in there to see what they do once the fire eels move out to reduce bioload. And the pair was breeding in the 112g fighting everyone else off in that tank when they were only 7 months old hence them being alone in the first place SMH

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store