Grow out size

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Well the bichers you dont really need to watch out for cause the aro will out grow them no problem. But aros usually grow about 1 inch a month minimum which is very rare but they grow 2-3 inches a month regularly so 12 inches and if the aro is 4 inches you have a good three months before you need to upgrade if the tank is 12 inches wide.
Alright I can do that

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Na I had plans for its tanks... still have plans for the final tank but the middle grow out tank has been haulted till I find another 100 gal for sell

AN 18" wide 100g is a waste of time. this only buys you a couple months more then the 60g. You should be looking for a 6x2x2' 180g at minimum. This would buy you 1 to 2 years more then the 60g.

The guide you need to be looking at is tank has a length at least 3 times that of the arowana and a width at least equal the arowana. So the 180g is gonna be good for a 24" silver aro.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
AN 18" wide 100g is a waste of time. this only buys you a couple months more then the 60g. You should be looking for a 6x2x2' 180g at minimum. This would buy you 1 to 2 years more then the 60g.

The guide you need to be looking at is tank has a length at least 3 times that of the arowana and a width at least equal the arowana. So the 180g is gonna be good for a 24" silver aro.
This man speaks the truth, this advice will not only save you hassle down the road but also $$$$ BECAUSE constantly upgrading is not ONLY stressful for the fish but also your wallet, in the long wrong upgrading to 2-4 tanks is pricey!

Not to mention I've heard horror stories of keeping AROS in smaller tanks + moving them!

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
I have got to get a 100 gallon no matter what for some my other fish was just gonna be a grow out for aro but permanent for other fish ... I plan on gettin him a 180 gallon in January witch is 7 months away when I get my income taxes or when I see one cheap on craigslist ... The 100 gallon is to last him till then .... And what do u mean horror story's on movin them to diff tanks?

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
I have got to get a 100 gallon no matter what for some my other fish was just gonna be a grow out for aro but permanent for other fish ... I plan on gettin him a 180 gallon in January witch is 7 months away when I get my income taxes or when I see one cheap on craigslist ... The 100 gallon is to last him till then .... And what do u mean horror story's on movin them to diff tanks?

I've heard horror stories of moving any Monster FISH! When they get big enough its not exactly the same as netting them! Try a pillowcase, some even add a type of relaxation chemical (forgot what its called) to avoid damage while moving.

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico

Even the 180 is kinda small for a silver aro. I think something 8x3 is more suiting. I will never understand why people what the absolute bare minimum for fish.

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Even the 180 is kinda small for a silver aro. I think something 8x3 is more suiting. I will never understand why people what the absolute bare minimum for fish.

I don't wont he bare minimum lol I'm getting a 300 gallon tank as soon as I move out of the house I'm in I no I 180 gal is to small for a aro after a few years the 180 will be to house it for 2 years till I move

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
I don't wont he bare minimum lol I'm getting a 300 gallon tank as soon as I move out of the house I'm in I no I 180 gal is to small for a aro after a few years the 180 will be to house it for 2 years till I move

A 300g with an 8'x30" footprint is the recommended minimum for an adult silver. A 180g is just a growout for upto a 24"er.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado

maybe you misunderstood. The 180 is only a growout until it reaches 24"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store