Grow out thread for my buttikoferi

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Great fish, just don't expect tank mates when it gets bigger. Definately one of my favorite wet pets though. I used to love how mine redecorated her tank daily

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
I'm curious to see how my butti works out with the current tankmakes.

Tankmates are:
male and female festaes
P. bleekeri
Indo dat (8")
green texas (9")
female convict
tiretrack eel (7")
and of course, the butti

I think the aggression should be fine in the end considering he is the smallest in the tank.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
He will be fine with tankmates until he decides he isnt. Then they will all get killed in a night. Probably when he is around the 6" mark. I got mine because the lfs sold him 3 times previously to people with 55-90g communities and 3 times he wiped out all other fish randomly and 3 times he was brought back to the store. I kept him mostly solo. Id keep a half dozen rosie minnows and he would tolerate them for months up to about 8 then kill them all in an hour randomly. Careful with butti they are killers

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
He will be fine with tankmates until he decides he isnt. Then they will all get killed in a night. Probably when he is around the 6" mark. I got mine because the lfs sold him 3 times previously to people with 55-90g communities and 3 times he wiped out all other fish randomly and 3 times he was brought back to the store. I kept him mostly solo. Id keep a half dozen rosie minnows and he would tolerate them for months up to about 8 then kill them all in an hour randomly. Careful with butti they are killers
I'll keep my eye on this one. Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping my green texas, festaes, and bleekeri will keep it in check.

This one seems to be skittish so far.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
I watched my male festae push the butti around a little bit a day or two ago. I hope the butti learns to be lower on the hierarchy soon. That would be nice. Lol

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store