Growth rate for Endlii bichirs??

blauaugigengel

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
Cleveland, OH
I'm new to bichir keeping, and I bought 3 endlicheri bichirs around July. Can anyone tell me what the average rate of growth for my bichirs should be? The endliis started off about 4-4.5" and skinny. They are now plump and about 6". I also have one senegal bichir in the tank, and he started off about 3" and starving in May, and he is now 6" and healthy. My thought was that since the endlicheri get twice the size of the senegal, shouldnt they be outgrowing him by now? I just want to make sure that I will end up with 3 happy, healthy, humongous endlicheri. All bichirs are currently eating frozen silversides and carnivore pellets. Thanks for any advice!

Ray'Oconner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2010
Singapore
Try Tilapia.. Monster and good growth rate.. Endli growth rate can range from 2'' a month or more..
It all depends on the diet.. MY endlis grew to 18'' in 1.5 years.. started 3''.. Power feeding..
Mix between market shrimps.. beef heart.. tilapia.. massivore.. MP.. Silversides..

blauaugigengel

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
Cleveland, OH
So, I'm convinced that I am doing something wrong with my endlicheri bichirs. They will be 2 years old in August, and they are only 9"-10" long. I feed a combo of massivore sinking pellets and raw tilapia. I feed them once a day, or sometimes once every 2 days. They are about the thickness of a Ballpark hotdog. Water chemistry is good. Please give me some pointers, thank you.

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
So, I'm convinced that I am doing something wrong with my endlicheri bichirs. They will be 2 years old in August, and they are only 9"-10" long. I feed a combo of massivore sinking pellets and raw tilapia. I feed them once a day, or sometimes once every 2 days. They are about the thickness of a Ballpark hotdog. Water chemistry is good. Please give me some pointers, thank you.
Feed twice a day and do more water changes.

Sent from my LG-P999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KiZZLe

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
USA
You might have a stunted Captive Breed Endli. I bought my 3" Endlis in Oct. Of last year and now they're pushing 15 inches. I feed them tilapia, smelt, market shrimp and earth worms.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
no they can't but maybe if you post some epics we can diagnose them better

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store