GROWTH RATE

fishrmann2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2006
Wisconsin
Dark_Angel;763365; said:
Whattt???? 24"=60 cm....hmmm.....have u seen the PB with this size in a home aquarium???? I think they can reach this size only in a very big tank such in a public aquarium....is'nt it?
I think DM's are over 20" and still going... I have seen cichla in public tanks around 24"! If they have the room, they will grow! :)

GS-Ryan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2007
hawaii
Hey jusmad, im from hawaii too.... and i bought a peacock bass from moanalua pet store couple days ago, LOL and it was the last one. Where'd u get urs from?

Killergar

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2006
CA
All I can say is I bought my pair at the same size about 1", but the male grow more rapidly, even though they eat same amount of food. Growth is at a scary rate. never had a fish grow that fast before. Have Fun....

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Dark_Angel;763365; said:
Whattt???? 24"=60 cm....hmmm.....have u seen the PB with this size in a home aquarium???? I think they can reach this size only in a very big tank such in a public aquarium....is'nt it?
If you're keeping pbass then your home aquaria probably will resemble a public aquarium.

It's not all about tank size to an extent. Water quality is key.

tankyou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2007
TEXAS
Dark_Angel;763365; said:
Dark_Angel;762044; said:
How about the max length that P bass can reach in a tank??? I usually see 12"-16" no more than this size....
Mine are 20" plus. They can, and will, get that large.

They are not 24" yet, but they will get there eventually and besides they act like they are. They recently did some damage to my 17" clown knife too. Dieselmack has some big uns too and they are awesome!!!
Here is pics taken yesterday of my son helping with a water change.

about donetired.JPG

readydad!!.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store