Guess what's in the box?

davew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
uk
now that's what i call a monster fish, i wouldn't like to take a bite from him :)

Blue Demp

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2004
Minnesota
You have any issues with him crashing into stuff or eating? Some of the feral adult cichlids I caught in Hawaii acclimated quite well and some never acclimated.
Since I've had him, he ate like one canadian worm. I crashed once and it shook the tank... thought my tank would start to leak. He doesn't seem to panic if I approach slowly. I'm trying to spend a lot of time in front of the tank to get him used to captivity.

cant get enough of this dovii.
Thanks!

Agreed, he's one of the nicer dovii I've ever seen...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
now that's what i call a monster fish, i wouldn't like to take a bite from him :)
I'm not looking for to him being used to me and trying to bite my hand off.

Blue Demp

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2004
Minnesota
Good luck acclimating him to captivity! It can be tough with larger fish pulled out of a natural system.
Thanks man! I know you have a lot of experience with feral cichlids. It's a positive sign for me when I see his fins/scales are growing back and he is glassbanging his reflection.

[YT]CS-SiaIAvfE[/YT]

NWatson

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
Cincinnati
I missed this thread. Great Dovii, all his fins look like they will heal up with no problem. My male has done major damage to the female.....given time she looks like nothing ever happened. the worst has probably taken a few weeks to heal. What size tank did you get for him? Glass or acrylic? looks like a nice house and set up also.

In another thread you posted on I asked if you knew how tall he is?

Blue Demp

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2004
Minnesota
I missed this thread. Great Dovii, all his fins look like they will heal up with no problem. My male has done major damage to the female.....given time she looks like nothing ever happened. the worst has probably taken a few weeks to heal. What size tank did you get for him? Glass or acrylic? looks like a nice house and set up also.

In another thread you posted on I asked if you knew how tall he is?
Yeah - his fins are almost healed. He still has some missing scales and his tail fin is a bit beat up. I noticed some of his wounds were fleshy and fuzzy, so i started to medicate with api fungus cure... he seemed to be more active right after. The tank i purchased for him is a 300 gal tank. I believe the footprint is 72”x36”x27” . I totally forgot to measure, but will try it when I move him to his permanent home. Hopefully we can close on our new house soon.

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
Congrats on your pick up!!! He is amazing dude! Bet u can't wait for the 300 to show up;) ill be looking forward to your updates. Are you planning to put it where this tank is at or is there another location for the new tank?

NWatson

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
Cincinnati
Yeah - his fins are almost healed. He still has some missing scales and his tail fin is a bit beat up. I noticed some of his wounds were fleshy and fuzzy, so i started to medicate with api fungus cure... he seemed to be more active right after. The tank i purchased for him is a 300 gal tank. I believe the footprint is 72”x36”x27” . I totally forgot to measure, but will try it when I move him to his permanent home. Hopefully we can close on our new house soon.

Purchasing a home is a headache. Nice dimensions on his new home! Is it a glass tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store