Guilty?

D12DetroitD12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Monroe, Michigan/Toledo, Ohio
I don't think its bad, like said above me you could be doing worse. Its what you like to do and what keeps you happy so i wouldn't worry. I'm 18 and my mom understands that fish keeping is something i like to do so if it makes me happy she has no problem helping with it. I know id do the same for my kids.

livebearerfreak

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
no where
thats what i like bout living on my own! no need to worrly about useing other ppl elec lol, but no just be glad that there not making you shut your tanks down lol

oscarcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2008
Houston, TX/Juneau, AK
I don't think you should be feeling guilty. But you should be making it up by either chipping in some cash for the bill or doing some extra chores. As a parent of teens, the extra chores will be very much appreciated.

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
Yeah as was said don't be afraid to help out with some extra chores. Also remind them that my hobbies keep me away from the wrong things.

nes999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2009
IL
i honestly think you may have messed up on ur calcs. My parents used to have me pay for the water i used. but i was only allowed 1 tank, and i had to fight for a sump. consider youself lucky.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
i think 16% of a typical household's electric bill is way too high, i think you calculated something wrong. because as stated, only your heaters will draw anything noticeable power. everything else will be equivalent to running a single lightbulb 24hrs a day

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store