Gulper Catfish

mjk83

Feeder Fish
May 10, 2012
U.S.
I should be getting my gulper catfish in the next few days. I'll be putting the gulper in my 75gal. I might get another one later on. I just recenlty read the care on this site about gulper catfish. I was just wondering if anyone had any additional info. When they adult size, do they require large fish to eat? Or are a few silversides enough throughout the week enough along with shripm and nightcrawlers? I know these fish can stuff themselves but I don't want to stuff my fish every feeding. Also, how long have you guys been keeping your gulpers? I hear that they can live a long time. Any other tips would be great. Thanks everyone!

juzbmez

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2011
Where Lightening Strikes
NO they don't require large fish to eat. What you mentioned about a variety of food works fine. If they eat a lot in one sitting or a large fish they will be good for a couple days. Only one thing I like to always mention about gulpers is careful when transfering them or if for any reason they need to be taken out of the water as they gulp in air and fill their stomach with air which would cause them to float upside down.

Viick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2012
US
anyone know what kind of GPH filtering is best for these fishes? (600 GPH?) also what kind of substrate is best?..not thread jacking..hope this will help you as well:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store