Gulpers have white spots

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
If I decide to buy an extra canister filter I'll take out the old filters and use media from a different tank to recycle it

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Since we don't have a grasp at what killed the prior duo, I'd be prepared to see a fresh pair go through the same. I mean it's a gamble.

Due diligence as suggested could be in bleaching the tank and cycling it over again. But then I'm not sure at all it wasn't your water or something else that sickened them other than a pathogen.

Whether they brought the pathogen with them or it came from your tank is irrelevant. If it was it, the pathogen now lives in your tank and if it is the cause of their demise, it'll more than likely happen again.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Since we don't have a grasp at what killed the prior duo, I'd be prepared to see a fresh pair go through the same. I mean it's a gamble.

Due diligence as suggested could be in bleaching the tank and cycling it over again. But then I'm not sure at all it wasn't your water or something else that sickened them other than a pathogen.

Whether they brought the pathogen with them or it came from your tank is irrelevant. If it was it, the pathogen now lives in your tank and if it is the cause of their demise, it'll more than likely happen again.
I couldn't agree more. You really shouldn't be adding more fish to that tank before giving it a thorough cleaning with bleach.

Are there any fish at all still in the tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store