Gymkhana 7

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Any footage from the world finals DB?? :D
http://www.termpro.com/asp/viewer.asp?Image=E8338W2M1173P19

This pic is priceless. I'm on the right a little ways away from my "team mates". Can you feel the love? Long story short - having the tallest trophy got me kicked off the team.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/viewer.asp?Image=E8338W1M15261P12 Tried to find a decent pic of the van but this is all I could find. I'm the white van behind the fancy red and orange van.....

Notice a trend? Caravans. Willy (Alabama) is the fancy red/orange van. He took it in 2005. 2004 was won by a green van (Jason from Missouri) that would have sat between the grey van and the red/orange one. My white van took it in 06. With me out of the picture for 2007 Soundstream's grey van was able to win the class (after the 3 of us previous champs all agreed we were done).

I'll see if our old judge still has the vid from the last run... He cried. Willy should have won..... Was doing 163s all through qualifying and all the way up to the last run. Was me and him in the final. He went first and blew a sub. Did a 161.9 a few seconds later I pulled a 162.0

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Wow that's the tallest trophy I have ever seen lol

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
:ROFL: Man DB! I totally was expecting DragSTRIP photos!! I expected a Caravan with big slicks and a parachute, ... guess not:screwy:, very cool nonetheless ;)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
:ROFL: Man DB! I totally was expecting DragSTRIP photos!! I expected a Caravan with big slicks and a parachute, ... guess not:screwy:, very cool nonetheless ;)
Sorry to let you down man.... DB = decibel. 2 vehicles get 30 seconds - loudest score wins.

Drive around the country side all summer chasing points going to different sanctioned events - getting into world finals requires 100+ points + top 15 certified score in your class. They bracket it like drag racing so if you win you just turn around and do it again so the stuff needs to hold together. Blown up stuff needs to be replaced in minutes before running again. Most of this caliber stuff is built to play tones rather then music and are basically fired off for a few seconds and that's it. The stereo equivalent of a top fuel drag car, over in a few crazy seconds.

I wish I had some pics but I didn't have money for a camera... lol.... The last box I welded into the van used 180' of square tube steel. Lined with 13 ply baltic birch. Design came from some crazy guys in the UK/Netherlands. Power was (12) 8 volt (roughly 110lbs each) batteries hooked to 132 little hawker 2volt cells in a 16 volt configuration. (8) 6500 watt amps (doing closer to 7200 ea) on a pair of 18" T3 Audio subs. Not quite enough to crack the windshield but it did need resealed each year. First time it broke 161 db the spot wolds in the roof bows let loose. Sitting in it felt kind of like a mild shock - from like christmas lights. Eyes would just role into the back of your head lol.

Not going to lie, the funnest part was silencing the arogant people. You know the type's - drive around annoying everyone with their bass - late at night, waking people up, just giving loud stereos a bad name. It was funner to throw some stuff in the gf's car and let her beat them by a few db then for me to bring the van and win by 10+. To learn the art of sandbagging - never turn it up till you HAD to, know how to manipulate the score so you could cat and mouse others. It becomes a crazy lifestyle. And meeting other across the country with the same hobby/problem just makes it all the more enjoyable, world Finals was always just a massive party. Heck could think of it kind of like MFK, but a different hobby..... lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store