Had my first PetSmart fish purchase experience today!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,they are the closest pet store to me also.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Yeah,they are the closest pet store to me also.
My old one is closest one to me that carries fish. Fortunately I have two locally owned shops not much further away and they get my business. Buy local

Sent from my SGH-T679 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yes I try to but it seems the locals here have taken turns closing down the last few years.

zetroc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
From what i can see petsmart hires kids at minimum wage. Most of the time they dont Care about Fish they just wanna earn money for prom or a car. We take this hobby seriously. To them its just a job. Not saying this is always the case but seems to be the way it is.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Seems to be the case in a few other areas,well not so much now with the economy and job situation what is....It's like an employers market now and they really don't have to resort to hiring kids much.....even in fast food joints.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Petsmart is great for a. Schooling fish at $1 b. oddballs at half price and c. If you have a qt tank.

Today i saw an old school fish sale. By that i mean one with out an interview portion. Some guy came in talking on his phone and with saying anything else or being asked anything else picked out 4 oscars, 2 jack dempseys and some blood parrots.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Source310

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Phoenix az
I really think you should have to go through a class of some sort, get a licence and then be able to purchase and house fish. These stores sell fish like product which is very far from.

Lets not even begin to talk about neglected and diseased fish that get released into local bodies of water.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lol,funny post Woofy...I find their prices high for everything and I just happened to stop in there as I was leaving the H D which is next to them.Believe it or not the fish that I purchased was priced pretty much at what I have seen them at at other stores in the past.It seems only small ones are available.

jaxy4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2012
Illinois
Petsmart is wack, at least the one near me is. I applied there, because I need a job desperately, they were hiring, and Im young, so I figured it might be a good place to apply to. I put in the application online as told. I've worked with horses and have owned just about every domesticated animal, plus some. I even called a couple of times to show interest. Still, nothing!! They probably hired an employees friend who has less experience than I do. I do accredit them to stopping me from buying a goldfish a couple years ago when I first got into fishkeeping.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store