Half my stuff just got thrown away.

micstarz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Hong Kong
It's not funny.

My mom's stuff was in front of the TV remote receptor so it took effort to change the channels on the TV...so my parents were bickering over it and it eventually got moved.

Then they saw my wicker basket of fish stuff.

It was opened, and my mealworms were thrown away. Then my HOB shell which I was planning to make into a refugium was smashed. Some other stuff included $50 of driftwood, some of my dried food, a spare heater, my livebearer's breeder box and my activated carbon...

Damn, my wicker basket still occupies the same amount of floorspace but now its half empty...at least my parents didn't throw away my Marine Salt...

I was really tempted to type all of this in caps lock but I know it just irritates people. Please don't remind me that my parents have the full right to decide what goes in their house...but it's just really outrageous that they should suddenly invade my little wicker basket and trash it. It doesn't even take up that much room...

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
im so sorry. why didnt they just ask you to move it to your room or something? that stuff costs money, and i think it was just cruel and childish.

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
Sorry, that sucks. They should have asked you to move it first.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
That's why you don't leave stuf lay around if it's not your house. Lesson learned the hard way sorry.

chesterthehero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
corona, ca
burn the house down.. that will teach them...

or just be glad that they let you have something... take it with a grain of salt... things could be a lot worse...

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Tell them they have to replace your stuff, and if they do it again that they can find their own place to live. It's your way or the highway. That'll show 'em.

soulFish

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
Tampa, FL
umm just get your own house and leave your old fish parts out in your own living room. Hate to say it is your parents house, you pay no rent and only have squatters rights :) If it's a problem move out and pay rent. When you get your own place you can do what you like and leave whatever you want out.

But they should have warned you first, and they prolly did, but as most kids, myself included at that age I never listened. I almost physically burned my moms house down with a 10' Reptile enclosure. After that I learned. Now at my house I still keep fish etc, but trying to keep the clutter down.

Rough lesson but one you'll remember. Good luck with the animals.. it's always a challenge when you have parents that don't understand what keeping pets is all about. My advice is just keep all you animal stuff out of their space and keep it in your's (your room) then they will be less likely to go on the rampage

freshwaterfishing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
Toronto, Canada
That sux bro, i guess its a lesson learned but they should have asked you. I know back in the day my mom use to do the same thing. She wouldnt even ask, when she got into her moods then whatever was near was garbage lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store