Half my stuff just got thrown away.

clgkag

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
missouri
koop171;2606986; said:
That's why you don't leave stuf lay around if it's not your house. Lesson learned the hard way sorry.
I have to agree. I have two teenagers and have to ask them repeatedly to put away their stuff. They have frequently taken stuff out of the trash after being warned. Keep your stuff put up and it won't disappear.

Sucks, but I have to side with the parents on this one. Sounds like it was uncalled for, but they couldn't have done it if it was put away.

cassharper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Mansfield, Texas
meh, it does suck that parents can be childish like that... but unfortunately they have the right to. Doesn't make it right, and it sure doesn't mean it's fair to your stuff, but it's just the way the world turns.

angelo21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2008
At my house...
that sux man.....

cats2fish

Feeder Fish
Jan 3, 2009
US
That makes no sense. If it was in the way, throwing out some contents and leaving the basket doesn't change the square footage it takes up.

Whether they had a right or not, that's a petty and wasteful thing to do. When I was a kid, anything I neglected to put away went into a box and disappeared for a month. I learned my lesson, but there wasn't pointless waste of money and products in the process.

One thing you learn the hard way when you grow up: parents can be just as childish and idiotic as their kids.

micstarz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Hong Kong
clgkag;2608120; said:
I have to agree. I have two teenagers and have to ask them repeatedly to put away their stuff. They have frequently taken stuff out of the trash after being warned. Keep your stuff put up and it won't disappear.

Sucks, but I have to side with the parents on this one. Sounds like it was uncalled for, but they couldn't have done it if it was put away.
Haha...all my stuff was in my basket...but the hinge was broken so it didn't close properly...unfortunately there was a big piece of driftwood in the basket and my parents blamed it for breaking the hinge. All my stuff was in the basket, but it's pretty hard to make non rectangular stuff in a basket look orderly...:(
Bogwoodbruce;2607103; said:
Thats terrible mate. My mums like that, she'll throw out stuff without asking if it is needed or anything.
Yeah...and every time a most insignificant possession of her's goes missing a World War starts.

soulFish;2607933; said:
umm just get your own house and leave your old fish parts out in your own living room. Hate to say it is your parents house, you pay no rent and only have squatters rights :) If it's a problem move out and pay rent. When you get your own place you can do what you like and leave whatever you want out.

But they should have warned you first, and they prolly did, but as most kids, myself included at that age I never listened. I almost physically burned my moms house down with a 10' Reptile enclosure. After that I learned. Now at my house I still keep fish etc, but trying to keep the clutter down.

Rough lesson but one you'll remember. Good luck with the animals.. it's always a challenge when you have parents that don't understand what keeping pets is all about. My advice is just keep all you animal stuff out of their space and keep it in your's (your room) then they will be less likely to go on the rampage

Thanks everyone else too...I feel better now haha.
Some of that stuff really was trash though, like the old HOB shell...:grinno:

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
clgkag;2608120; said:

He never stated they had complained about his stuff, and apparently they didn't care about the floor space it took up.

It seems like a pointless and irrational action to me.

Wheat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
U.S.
Forget the wicker basket and get a locking trunk. That way if they want it cleaned out you'll have to be there to open it

micstarz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Hong Kong
Wheat;2612365; said:
Forget the wicker basket and get a locking trunk. That way if they want it cleaned out you'll have to be there to open it
:headbang2 haha! I'm just scared that one day might come home and find it in the trash because they couldn't open it...or find it sitting on my table or bed with the explanation "sorry we decided to get new furniture so find space in your own room for it" :grinno:

FSM;2611857; said:
He never stated they had complained about his stuff, and apparently they didn't care about the floor space it took up.

It seems like a pointless and irrational action to me.
Well when my parents get stirred up they don't stop until the point of the argument shifts from either of them to me or my sister...which actually means me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store