Hand feeding, and petting catfish

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
On the Rio Araguaia, I wish...
Donated my TSN to the aquarium a few weeks back as yall know but the last few weeks before I donated it I had begun to hand feed market shrimp to my TSN and Lima in the pond, it was awesome watching that beast inhale the shrimp from my hand ~Trent

kntrygrl4lyfe

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2007
Pensacola, fl
I dont have any pictures yet but, my RTC, TSN, and Albino ID shark all let me pet and hand feed them. My tsn x rtc, Ripsaw, and evan one of my new Jaus eat from my hands.

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
my baby tsn has just started trusting me enough to eat out of my hand. my dojo loaches, oscars, and arowana all let me touch them. My technique is holding small amounts of their meal in the palm of my hand, then curling my fingers around the food. that way, the fish don't just yank the food out of my hand and swim away. they are forced to come in close contact with my hand and yank the food out, getting them used to my hand and touching

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
this is all awesome, we just need more pics! When it's warmer outside I will try to get some good pics in the garage with the lid off of the ponds!

With the MRTC I think I just lucked up. Mine is beautiful. Think I am going to try it in the big pond as I don't like seeing it in the house tank anymore. He's 15"

niblit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Knee deep in fish
I just fed my tsn/rtc as soon as i put my hand in he went nuts on my watch its a polised stainless dive watch.He hit my wrist really hard and totally ignored the food till his 2nd pass

Mystus Redtail

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Fishing in Wisconsin
I got another MRTC!!! I waited 4 days to announce it, but he's eating great, bloodworms, brine shrimp, krill, and i'm not sure if he's interested in the broken up massivore that I gave him, I didn't see him eat it. Pictures soon, I hope.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
congrats for the new guy
and some pics would be great

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
i'll have to have the camera ready next time my hubby is feeding the catfish.. Lucy, the RTC just stands in the tank most of the time waiting for my hubby to stuff food in her face.. lol.

And Kabota, my TSN, is only allowed to eat after Lucy has had her fill, and even then she sometimes throws a tantrum if he gets to eat. But we ALWAYS make sure he eats.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store