Happy 1st Anniversary Drakaris!

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Well Drakaris has been with me 1 year now (actually last month), which makes him ~1 yr, 8 mo old. He's now @ 11 in., I reckon he'll get to 12 in. within next 6 months. But to celebrate his 1st year (and to make moving to our new (rented) house easier), I had a custom tank made up for him.

He was in a 4 ft, ~83 gallon, he's now enjoying a 5 ft. ~115 gallon tank. I'm digging it too except one thing: it was a mistake to order the tank with blue Oyama sticker on back and bottom: it just casts too much of a blue color tone over the tank and my fish (which I can't dial out with current light set up).

I could take off the back piece, which helped a bit, but not the bottom piece, as the tank already had water etc. inside before I realized I didn't like the blue stickering. I'll be getting some custom made LED lights for it in near future, that should enable me to create a more natural tone of light.

Also I ordered a 60" L x 22" W x 21" H tank; when they brought it to my house it was 60" L x 21" W x 22" H lol.

Anyway here's some updated pix of Drakaris and his new digs, I still very fortunate to have found this fish, (even though he still tries to attack me every time I go into his tank:), couldn't ask for a better one.

Drakaris Beauty Sleep Time 1 smaller.jpg

New Den of Drakaris 1 smaller.jpg

Drakaris Sept 2017 to Sept 2018 medium.jpg

Drakaris New Tank 2 medium.jpg

I am Drakaris Fear Me medium.jpg

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
That "I am Drakaris, fear me" had me chuckling.
Also nice piece of driftwood by the tank, how long is it?

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
That "I am Drakaris, fear me" had me chuckling.
In case you missed a previous post, here is Drakaris' Game of Thrones trailer, it's even more over the top lol.

Yeah that's a really cool piece of driftwood (it was already here at our new long-term rental house; owner said I could have it). It's about 6' 5" long. Thought about putting it into the 8' monster tank that also came with the house (which I've put a very nice juvi Gold Crossback Arowana into:) but I'd have to cut it in half to get it inside (and anyway don't want something in the tank Aro could hurt herself on).

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
That driftwood is literally a foot taller then me :confused:

Reactions: islandguy11

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
If it weighs 215 pounds then it weighs the same as me lol. Also I may be short but I'm not speedy :p.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Nice! Especially like the pots, does Dracaeries hide in them?
Thx DV7 -- Drakaris doesn't hide, from anything lol, but yes his main place for sleeping is behind the pots. Anytime I approach the tank though he'll come out.

I personally think it's very beneficial to have some kind of house or hiding place for a Flowerhorn, even in a bare bottom tank. It means a less stressed fish overall, which equals a healthier fish.

Next I just need to get some better lights for his tank, thinking about options now, will probably go with a custom LED light strip set up, as I'll be having some made up for the 375 gallon anyway.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store