Has anyone visited koi farms in Niigata Japan?

wilsonlin45

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2010
New York
I'm heading to Ojiya City in Japan in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll be right on time to catch the cherry blossoms.
But what would be even better would be to stop by some of the famous koi farms in Japan.
Has anyone visited these farms before?
Are they available for drop in by the public?

I would love to hear more about your experiences.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I have never been but I hear the fish market is worth a visit from people who have.
Apparently it will blow your mind how much fish is pulled out of the sea every single day. If your appetite isn’t ruined you can also get the freshest highest quality sushi you will ever taste too.
Japan is becoming a popular destination for tourists from here now, I know a few people who have been and they all came back raving about how great it is and the culture shock they experienced, you should have fun

Reactions: wilsonlin45

wilsonlin45

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2010
New York
I have never been but I hear the fish market is worth a visit from people who have.
Apparently it will blow your mind how much fish is pulled out of the sea every single day. If your appetite isn’t ruined you can also get the freshest highest quality sushi you will ever taste too.
Japan is becoming a popular destination for tourists from here now, I know a few people who have been and they all came back raving about how great it is and the culture shock they experienced, you should have fun
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely be checking it out!

Reactions: Ogertron3000
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store