he is my idol

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Christmas is a tradition. Fishkeeping is not a tradition I get what you are saying and yes they are really pushing alot of things in public schools that I don't agree with. There was talk in my area that they wanted to take the cross out of Christian schools because family's who where not Christian where sending there kids to Christian schools (better school board) and the cross offended them.
Kinda ignorant to say. Christmas is YOUR tradition (mine too). It's not been everyone's tradition in the U.S. way back when you were born and it isn't now either. I can list a billion "traditions" that were ill advised, I just chose to say something we all had in common and was less controversial then saying well slavery was a tradition. Many people said well dammit it's tradition and I was raised with slavery.

You have a point, you just articulate it poorly

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
Kinda ignorant to say. Christmas is YOUR tradition (mine too). It's not been everyone's tradition in the U.S. way back when you were born and it isn't now either. I can list a billion "traditions" that were ill advised, I just chose to say something we all had in common and was less controversial then saying well slavery was a tradition. Many people said well dammit it's tradition and I was raised with slavery.

You have a point, you just articulate it poorly
Yes I agree with you that came out wrong I hope my point still got across the way it was intended.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Anyone happen to know any other countries that accommodate this much? Certain work environments (no mine thankfully) will try to enforce you to say happy holidays here, I wonder if it is like that in countries that are predominantly Muslim? Jewish? I would be very happy if a Muslim friend of mine here (or really any Muslim) wished me a good Ramadan, or if I went to Isreal someone said happy honika (sp?). I certainly wouldn't be offended or expect happy holidays. Maybe one of our UK or euro friends can comment if this is a worldwide thing or just us?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I teach 3rd and 4th grade at a public k-8 school. We do Christmas crafts and finish our Christmas program by singing "Silent Night". Christmas wishes may be discouraged/prohibited by some school districts, but certainly not all!

I am a big fan of "Merry Christmas", but I am not offended in the least by "Happy Holidays". Personally, I feel that those that are offended need to grow a thicker skin...

Atumi

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2014
Australia
I'm an Atheist from Australia, and the last couple of years the Muslims have been complaining to schools (Pre-School especially) about how Christmas is offensive to them and more often than not the PC schools cancel their Christmas celebrations.

IMO if you don't want to take part, DON'T, but don't try and force your beliefs on others.

I have been raised my entire life celebrating Christmas even tho i'm 3rd generation Atheist on all sides of my family. I consider Christmas a western(Cultural) celebration not a christian(Religious) one.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I'm an Atheist from Australia, and the last couple of years the Muslims have been complaining to schools (Pre-School especially) about how Christmas is offensive to them and more often than not the PC schools cancel their Christmas celebrations.

IMO if you don't want to take part, DON'T, but don't try and force your beliefs on others.

I have been raised my entire life celebrating Christmas even tho i'm 3rd generation Atheist on all sides of my family. I consider Christmas a western(Cultural) celebration not a christian(Religious) one.
Well said

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I say merry christmas,and if someone wishes me happy kwanza or whatever I'm not affended,I believe in celebrating religion and am not gonna stop anybody celebrating or not celebrating any religious or celebratory thing,and as a Christian I am not gonna stop say,a Muslim or Buddhist celebrate his or her way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store