headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
ok so here it is
i went to the lfs for some filter media and i saw this 2" catfish black in color except for the barbels and a part of his tail which was white
i asked the lfs owner how much was the catfish and he was like " what catfish" and the first thing that came to my mind was :swear::swear::swear::swear:
and then i showed him he fish which was kept in a huge tank hiding behind a filter (don't know how many days was it hungry for in there)
then he said it is 2.5$ and now it is with my other little catfish

here are a few pics(bad quality as i have a crappy phone cam and he would never stop for a pic)
DSC03696.JPG

DSC03700.JPG

DSC03701.JPG

DSC03697.JPG

can anyone tell what kind of cat fish pls :)
shall try and get a few more better pics for the id and may be also because i like to post pics of my cats:D

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
cool catfish, I too wonder what it might be. See if you can get some better pictures.

fishlover88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2006
Aurora, CO
asian redtail by the looks of it. The white barbels are a give away.

fishlover88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2006
Aurora, CO
holmes14;1475946; said:
you guys beat me to it, Asian redtail... you got any tankmates with him?

You might want to rethink any tank mates. I went into my LFS one day, and i was looking through the tanks. Found one with a 6" ART and a 5" Blochii. The blochii was cowering in the top corner and the ART resting comfortably under some drift wood. I told the guy working there, that he needs to move the blochii before the other cat kills it. Owner had no idea, and said that they came in from a lady who was keeping them with discus. She came home one day to find a chunk missing from her discus, and decided since she didnt know which cat it was she would get rid of both. I tried to bet the owner as to which one it was, but he wouldnt do it. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store