Heartbroken...

Titania

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I'm completely heartbroken. I lost my 2 BIG Johanna females over the weekend. I came home from a trip visiting family to find them both dead in my 220. :(

The thermocouple on my tank heater had popped out of the water, and the heater wasn't shutting off. The temp in the tank was 95F when I got home.
All of my other fish in the tank (Managuense, silver dollars, severums) were fine.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to replace them. The big girls got along fabulously with each other and were unbelievably colorful. They were never aggressive with tankmates, either. I'm hesitant to try again, mostly because that tank is established...I'm not sure how the Managuese would react to a newcomer. He's very laid back, but still....

Any thoughts for those who have introduced a pike to an established tank?

I miss my girls terribly....:(.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Ouch, that sucks hardcore. You should be able to introduce some new pikes without too much problems. The hardest part is going to be finding some that are close to the same size as the fish already established in there now. :(

They might be the new introductions to the tank, but they most likely will put up a fight if punked, so I would not worry about them too much. ;)

Titania

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Peanut_Power;3759789; said:
Ouch, that sucks hardcore. You should be able to introduce some new pikes without too much problems. The hardest part is going to be finding some that are close to the same size as the fish already established in there now. :(

They might be the new introductions to the tank, but they most likely will put up a fight if punked, so I would not worry about them too much. ;)
Thanks for the reassurance, Peanut. It will definitely be tough to find some close to the same size. And if I do find them, they will be $$$$. But, my belly crawler pair just don't quite scratch the itch for a big outgoing pike.

its_an_obsession

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2008
New Jersey
sorry to hear that. i lost my two johannas when i was on a trip once too. everything bad always happens when your away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store