Hello everyone!

LucF1450

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2013
Quebec,Canada
It's actually pool filter sand. It's called Sorelmix.
I've read (after putting it in) that people seem to say it is a little sharp. I've compared it with my other substrate, and I do feel a diference but it doesn't feel sharp to me. Knowing this I will no longer put my pleco in the 220. Just the O's and the Syns.
The bags were 5$ for 50lbs I bought 4. There was a real bad sulphur smell even after rinsing. The smell has now gone, it is inert and the water parameters are all ok for now.

LucF1450

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2013
Quebec,Canada
Hello everyone,
so I just received my Eheim parts, put everything together and started it up again.
Hopefully no more problems with that.
I've made a decision concerning the fish in my tank. I've decided not to add Tave the wild very aggressive O with the others. I've bought a 4th tiger O as well as two JD's. They are still babies and are currently in the 220g tank. I will let them grow a bit b4 introducing the other 2 bigger oscars. I hope it will be in 2 or 3 months. I'm thinking that the bigger O's will take whatever territory they want, and the smaller fish will be able to hold their own. If anyone has any advice it is more than welcome!
Thank you and pictures coming soon!

Luc

sincebeen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2013
Michigan
Introducing a handful of - eventually - grown JD's and another handful of grown O's could be a recipe for disaster. But with the right feeding and temperature it is possible to work in that big of a tank. You probably want to add more hiding spots, one's that are big enough for grown fish. If it does work, it would be a very nice combo.

Good luck, let's see more pictures.

LucF1450

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2013
Quebec,Canada
Yeah that's what I'm worried about. Which it why I will introduce the bigger O's in a couple of months so the smaller fish will have no choice but to submit themselves.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
welcome to mfk......nice to meet you,.........awesome collection.. i love the oscars

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store