Hello! Fresh to salt!

dre205

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2010
Georgia
Hello Mfk family, I joined this forums years ago when I was in highschool. I had a 55 gallon freshwater tank, which I still have at my parents house. Now that I'm older, I've ventured into something new for me. Recently I was stationed in Germany, there I decided to try saltwater. I had a very low tech aquarium, a 34 gallon tall that I picked up from a guy for 40 bucks. It was rather successful I would say. Then I deployed and then soon after I returned stateside after being overseas for 2 years. Now that I'm back stateside I decided to go bigger than I've ever gone. I picked up a standard 90 gallon aquarium and stand, non drilled, and I'm excited to see what I can do with it. Still relatively new to saltwater and all the equipment that is needed for a bigger system that I was able to do without with me last tank. I will post my progress as I go! If you guys have any recommendations for my setup at all please feel free to let me know. Thanks guys.

image.jpeg

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Keep in mind that if you want to do corals you will have to invest in strong, expensive lighting. You will also need more flow in the tank than you are used to with freshwater.

dre205

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2010
Georgia
Keep in mind that if you want to do corals you will have to invest in strong, expensive lighting. You will also need more flow in the tank than you are used to with freshwater.
Yes I am aware, I experienced it with my last tank! I have the basic knowledge down, just don't fully have the more complex side to it down.

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Nice rock! Those little brittle stars will help with your cleanup crew! They multiply like crazy unless you get something that eats them like wrasses or angels.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store