Hello from Austria!

ManuelP

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2014
Austria
Hi there,
after lurking silently on the site, just reading interesting threads here and there for quite some time, I thought, it might be time to introduce myself.

My name is Manuel and I live in Austria. I love nearly every kind of aquatic creature, ever since I was a little kid.
I think it´s because of my grandpa, he often took me with him when he went fishing. We also often went on hikes around smaller lakes and just watched the fish that swam in there. Also, whenever I had the time to, I explored the river that flows near our together with house to catch the aquatic creatures, like crayfish, insects and fish. We cought them, watched them in a tank we brought with us and put them back where we found them.

But what I loved the most were the predatory fish, preferably the really big ones. I loved to watch pikes hunt in the shallow water, or watch a group of perch patrol around carpets of aquatic plants.
I always was over the top of my head when I saw something, i didn´t see very often. Like a big zander gliding around the dark waters at night, with their reflecting eyes, when you shine a flashlight on them.

I also loved visiting the places, where they sell fish for stocking ponds/lakes/rivers or as food.
There I could see my favorite fish upclose and even buy some for our own pond (even now I have my vendor where I regularly buy fresh fish/stock for my pond or feeders, sometimes I just visit them to look at new arrivals)

But my favorite of our native fish alsways was (and always will be) the wels catfish.
Seeing these monsters in person is absolutely stunning. Even more so if it´s a big one.
I hope that one day, i will have the space to house one of these impressive leviathans.

I have had various aquariums since I was little.
Currently, my only predatory fish are 2 "Spotted" Gars, a brown bullhead and some Pumpkinseeds...well, maybe some more if you count the tiny sticklebacks as predators too, hahah
I hope there will be more in the future!

All the fish are housed in my pond outdoors, where they stay the whole year, except the gars, they spend the cold months in a Tank indoors (which is now a bit too small, I have to get a bigger one now).
I also have a small tank with Taiwan-Bee shrimps and various nerite snails.

Well, I think that´s enough about me for now, there is nothing really interesting to tell.
I hope you didn´t get bored reading all that.

regards
Manuel

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Welcome to MFK, Manuel!

Please share pictures of your pond and gars when you get the chance.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Glad you joined! Welcome.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store